Control Theory, TSRT09
Course information, VT1, 2023
The course will provide the theoretical tools for understanding the basic properties of multivariable and nonlinear system subject to disturbances. It also aims to teach the most common synthesis methods and the related computer tools.
- Multivariable (MIMO = Multi Input Multi Output) systems. Properties and analysis methods.
- Fundamental limitations on what performances can be achieved.
- Regulator synthesis. Systematic methods based on optimization. Regulator sensitivity and robstness performances.
- Nonlinearities. Analysis methods and regulator design.
Examinator and lecturer:here.
- English: T. Glad och L. Ljung: "Control Theory Multivariable and Nonlinear Methods". Taylor and Francis, 2000
- Swedish: T. Glad och L. Ljung: "Reglerteori - Flervariabla och olinjra metoder". Studentlitteratur, Lund, 2003 (1997 edition is also ok)
- Material for download from the course website (minor changes can be done during the course):
- Control theory, TSRT09, TSRT06. Exercises & solutions
- Computer exercises: Multivariable control of a tank system
- Lab 1: Multivariable control
- Lab 2: Robust control design for the JAS 39 Gripen
- Lab 3: Stability analysis and control of a nonlinear system (only in swedish for now)
The course book can be bought at Bokakademin. For the Swedish version, a list of errata is available
here. If you find some other error please can send an e-mail to
Informationsansvarig: Claudio Altafini
Senast uppdaterad: 2023-02-05